DHEA 25 mg 100 Capsules
- What Is DHEA?
- DHEA is the body's most abundant circulating hormone. But DHEA levels begin to decline over time. Supplementing with DHEA can help support healthy hormone levels and promote healthy immune function, circulatory health, healthy mood, lean muscle mass, sexual function and more.
- Since levels of the DHEA hormone decline with age, maintaining a youthful balance offers many health benefits.
- DHEA Benefits
- Maintains youthful DHEA hormone balance
- Encourages healthy immune function & cardiovascular health
- Helps support & maintain lean muscle mass
- Promotes healthy mood, sexual function, well-being & more
- Product Details
- Body composition, mood & more
- In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 10 months of DHEA supplementation in elderly individuals resulted in increased strength and lean muscle mass from resistance exercise. DHEA regimens promote healthy sexual function, support memory and mood, as well as have a beneficial impact on cognition and the brain.
- Cardio, circulatory & bone health
- DHEA has beneficial cardiovascular effects. It also promotes bone health. In a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial, one year of DHEA supplementation helped increase bone mineral density in the hips of older adults and spinal bone mineral density in older women.
- DHEA: usage & safety precautions
- In order to develop a personalized, effective DHEA regimen, regular testing of blood levels is highly recommended to determine the proper and accurate dosage. Because of the overwhelming evidence connecting youthful levels of DHEA with healthy longevity, Life Extension suggests that most people over age 40 begin DHEA supplementation. The starting supplemental dose of DHEA for most people is 15 to 25 mg a day, though some people will require higher doses to reach youthful levels.
- The exact number of capsules to be taken should be determined by blood testing and the advice of a physician.
- Generally, take one to three capsules in the morning only.
- DHEA serum blood tests are suggested 3 to 6 weeks after initiating DHEA replacement therapy to optimize individual dosing.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)||25 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, silica.
Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low "good" cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms. Keep out of reach of children. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating